By: Gabrielle Diepenbrock, Account Coordinator/Social Media
Earlier this month, I was privileged to represent The Goss Agency while attending The 2016 Digital Summit Conference in Charlotte. I was able to gain knowledge from industry leaders during those two days. I almost felt a tad nostalgic of college lectures as I quickly scribbled down note after note on new insights within the realm of digital marketing.
Picture taken by Gabrielle Diepenbrock
While I have a journal of notes full of great insights, here are a few I’ll discuss today:
- YOU CANNOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF SEARCH
- 93% of all consumers use search prior to making a purchase
- 90% of buyers click on organic links versus the sponsored ads
- 86% of searchers conduct non-branded queries (they are just trying to solve a problem)!
- BE STRATEGIC WITH YOUR CONTENT MARKETING
- Provide content that helps people solve a problem! This will drive traffic, increase engagement and increase ranking when people share it.
- Define the purpose of your content marketing efforts. Is your company wanting to promote itself as the thought leader on a certain topic? Is it looking for lead generation? Customer retention? Once you define your company’s purpose, creating content will flow.
- Define your company’s voice. If you have many writers on your staff, ensure everyone is on the same page as far as what your brand stands for and your brand’s voice.
- WRITE BLOGS PEOPLE WILL WANT TO READ
- Most people are not looking to read a novel when they click on your blog post
- Break up your content! Use lists, bullet points, images, etc.
- Write to communicate a message, not for word count
- Educate and/or entertain!
- Share your content on your social media channels!
- REMEMBER MOBILE PLAYS A HUGE ROLE IN E-MARKETING
- 47% of emails are opened on a mobile device
- 80% of people delete emails that don’t “look good” on mobile
- PINTEREST IS FOR PLANNING
- People go to Pinterest to plan. Post content relevant to your company that will help people plan!
- FACEBOOK IS DIMINISHING ORGANIC REACH FOR COMPANY PAGES
- In order to solve this problem, your company needs to create shareable content and start paying for promoted posts
- 'LIVE' IS THE NEW FRONTIER FOR SOCIAL
- Facebook Live provides high organic engagement
- Periscope can be useful for event-driven content
- Allows your target to connect with you in a deeper way and be a part of the experience
- Can show behind-the-scene content
Overall, I had a wonderful time at the Digital Summit, and I look forward to sharing future insights with you in the days to come!